Wednesday, August 01, 2007

"I want to change the world" - Sophia

If you haven't listened to the song I have in the little music player on the sidebar of my blog, click it when you have a chance. The reason it's there is because when I was listening to it, Sophia said to me:

"Is that song about me? Because I want to change the world. I want to change the world because I don't think anything is belonging right. Because I don't want there to be any war and no guns sticking to people's pants. Isn't that so weird?"

Straight quote. I typed it as she said it. That's enough reason for a mama to put a song on her blog, isn't it?!

A few weeks ago, we were at a fundraiser where kids could make a wish from a "Wish Fairy" if mom or dad made a cash donation. Her friends asked for a pony, a Barbie car, a little brother. Sophia wished that there could be no more war, only peace.

Some days, I think I haven't a clue what I am doing as a parent. Other days, like these, I know I am doing just fine...

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I am so glad you found us again!!! Yay..your blog looks so nice and SOPHIA!! I would NOT have recognized her......

    You clearly are doing really well!! Thanks again for Laureen, she rocks and has helped me and my oldest dd with a couple of things! She is an inspiration!

    I would be honored to have my blog on your site and let me know how the ads thing goes, I have thought about it myself....

    GREAT to hear from you, I am going to go read back in your blog and "catch up"....

    ReplyDelete