Tuesday, October 02, 2007

books to read and daily goals

I'm making a list of books I want to read. Maybe I should make an amazon.com wishlist for my upcoming bday? Well this is a place to start for now:

1.Byron Katie's A Thousand Names for Joy
2. Don Miguel Ruiz's The Voice of Knowledge
3. Earth Prayers, I lost my copy of this 2 years ago, need to find it!
4. This I Believe: The Personal Philosophies of Remarkable Men & Women
5. Ani DiFranco's new poetry book, Verses. (bought it, haven't read it yet)

And now for the daily check-in on my recently established goals:

1. I am leaving work at 6 pm every night. I left at 7:00 - bad!
2. I am taking a lunch break every day. Part of an hour, sitting at my desk, blogging and making phone calls. Not exactly what I intended, need to leave tomorrow!!
3. I will take a ping pong break once a week. I played today, only briefly, but fun! Laura M is my new ping pong buddy. Yay!
4. I will go out on a date sometime before my birthday and enjoy it. Well...I started emailing with someone new tonight. I hate to email and tell...so I'm going dark on this topic until there is something to write about (see long ago post about the jinx of blogging about a date...bad juju!)
5. keep breathing. I played the song alot today. My boss told me I need to relax more. Does that count?

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:51 PM

    I LOVE how you are blogging about your goals. Just love it.

    Good luck with them all.

    I also wanted to let you know that 451 Press is looking for a "dating single parent" to write for one of their blogs. I think you'd be perfect. And you get paid.

    http://www.451press.com/apply

    I don't work for them, but I want to. And when I saw that on the list yesterday, I thought "wow, that will be hard to fill". Funny I found your blog today :) Serendipity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tammy,
    Thanks!! I am going to check it out, I would definitely be able to write ad nauseum about the single parent dating experience!

    Thanks for checking out my blog, I'm thrilled to have been discovered by someone I don't already know!

    Laura aka hipmama

    ReplyDelete