Monday, October 01, 2007

new commitments to me

1. I am leaving work at 6 pm every night.
2. I am taking a lunch break every day.
3. I will take a ping pong break once a week.
4. I will go out on a date sometime before my birthday and enjoy it. (bday is in exactly 3 weeks)
5. keep breathing.

OK these came to me in the shower this morning. How did I do today?

10/1, how I did on my new commitments? Today's results in pink:

1. I am leaving work at 6 pm every night. I left at 7:30 - bad!
2. I am taking a lunch break every day. I did this, though not a full hour. I sat out in the sun eating my packed lunch and gossiping with some co-workers. That was fun.
3. I will take a ping pong break once a week. I played ping pong in the break room at work on Friday when I'd just about HAD it with my week. First time I did that in the whole 11 months I've worked at Citrix. Crazy how fun it was! I really felt refreshed after. Those ping pong guys really know something!! No ping pong yet this week, but this is only Monday.
4. I will go out on a date sometime before my birthday and enjoy it. OK, this one is going to be tough, not sure what my stategy is yet, but I am committed to having a date while I am still 36. I've got 3 weeks less one day. I am taking all offers of fixing me up on blind dates...someone throw me a line here, so stay tuned...
5. keep breathing. Not sure how to measure this one, I mean clearly I have not gone into pulmonary arrest yet, so check I did it. But what I meant is slow down, breathe more, etc. I think I am getting there, but still need to keep working at it. Playing the song over on the left nav over and over again helps ("all that I know is I am breathing"....that music is so soothing! Click play to see what I mean.)

No comments:

Post a Comment